The organisers of Mining Indaba online conference “are extremely pleased to confirm that His Excellency, Félix Tshisekedi, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has confirmed his participation at the online conference.”
Investing in African Mining Indaba (Mining Indaba) part of Hyve Group Plc announcing the first line-up of keynote speakers for Mining Indaba Virtual taking place on 2-3 February 2021 said the President will be delivering the opening keynote address of the conference on 3 February 2021.
President Tshisekedi became leader of the DRC in January 2019 which was a landmark moment for the country being the first peaceful and democratic transfer of power.
“It’s an honour to be able to host His Excellency, President Félix Tshisekedi, at Mining Indaba Virtual. He will be among a group of exceptional speakers we’ll be hosting on the virtual stage, discussing issues affecting the mining sector, including improving bilateral trade and economic relations. It is very exciting for us that the online event is attracting so much interest from both Governments and the private sector,” comments Simon Ford, Portfolio Director, Mining Indaba.
Joining His Excellency on the growing list of speakers are CEOs, government leaders and senior representatives from across the global mining industry. Together they will tackle topics including using mining to reboot national economies, embracing ESG in the boardroom, harnessing the power of automation and the rise of gold during the COVID-19 pandemic.
First line-up of speakers includes:
- Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive, Anglo American
- Bady Baldé, Deputy Executive and Africa Director, EITI
- Clive Govender, CEO & Founder, CGC Consulting
- Sabine Dall'Omo, CEO, Southern & Eastern Africa, Siemens
- Neil Hume, Natural Resources Editor, Financial Times
- Roger Baxter, CEO, Minerals Council South Africa
- Neal Froneman, CEO, Sibanye-Stillwater
- Fortune Mojapelo, CEO, Bushveld Minerals
- Nick Holland, CEO, Gold Fields
- Kwasi Ampofo, Lead Metals Analyst, BloombergNEF
- Lord Charles Vivian, Director, Tavistock
The theme for Mining Indaba Virtual is ‘Resilience & Regrowth: Adopting the New Mindset for African Mining’ to help rebuild and shape the future of the industry. The online conference features high-level content including pioneering insights, multi-stakeholder strategic conversations, keynote addresses and more is free for attendees.